Low-Glycemic Dessert Recipe – Delicious!
By: Barbara Leach, “The Queen of Cuisine” & Mobile Nutrition Coach, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2 cups stewed apples (I used 1/14 cups Granny Smith and ¾ cup Gala)
- 4 cups cooked organic pearled barley
- 1/3 cup organic raw honey
- 2 cups soaked raisins (use raisin water for sweetening smoothies or other baked goods)
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 organic large eggs
- Juice of one large lemon
Stir apples, barley, lemon juice, raisins, and honey together in large bowl. Add spices. Separate eggs. Beat the yolks until creamy and fold into apple mixture. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into apple mixture.
Pour into a 64 oz. buttered baking dish. Bake 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees. Serves 8.