Try This Delicious Low-Glycemic Salad!
By: Barbara Leach, “The Queen of Cuisine” & Mobile Nutrition Coach, email@example.com
- 2 cups cooked barley
- 2 cups flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 6 spring onions sliced thin
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon orange zest
- ½ tablespoon lemon zest
In jar with tight fitting lid add all dressing ingredients, shake well.
Combine salad ingredients and add dressing about 30 minutes before serving. May be served chilled or at room temp. Also, very good served with grilled chicken or shrimp mixed in. Buon Appetito. Serves 4.