Healthy, Low-Glycemic Quiche Recipe
By: Barbara Leach, “The Queen of Cuisine” & Mobile Nutrition Coach, email@example.com
What You’ll Need:
- 6 slices uncured turkey bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons liquid amino acids or light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup egg whites and 8 whole eggs
- 1 cup low fat or fat free half and half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- Cook bacon in a large skillet on medium heat, approx. 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables, dill, and amino acids or soy
- Beat eggs and milk in large bowl until well blended. Stir in the vegetable mixture and cheeses.
- Pour into a 10″ baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 45 minutes or until center is set. Let rest 5 minutes before cutting to serve.
- Buen Appetito – enjoy!
TIPS: Egg dishes should be served immediately to prevent any bacterial growth.